Friday, June 3, 2011

Better Than Medicare

So little excites me. It's a problem stemming from a combination of my dysfunctional childhood and growing up in New York City and trust me, it sucks. If I could, I would change in a heartbeat into a screaming groupie thrilled by meeting a celebrity, or even just a normal, run-of-the-mill artist happy to sell a painting. But that's just not me.

I said "so little" excites me, which means something does, and that something just happened, and I am excited. I got a new car for my birthday, and I love new cars. They offer the clean slate we all yearn for, the New Year's resolution in tangible form: I will keep this car clean. I will never eat in this car. Nobody will smoke in this car, and that includes pot. This car will never be pulled over by a cop for speeding. This car will remain unblemished; I will park at the far end of the parking lot, always, to insure that. Etc., etc.

If only we could get new bodies as easily as new cars, life would be a dream. For the same money I could have opted for a face lift, a new hip and some liposuction, but this car is right here, right now, and there was no pain or scarring involved, but still I feel years younger. Anyway, it's a beauty (see photo) and my husband is a peach (see photo). Maybe getting old won't be so bad after all!

3 comments:

  1. Hey - you and I are the last bastions of Saab owners - I too have a black Saab, standard shift. Thanks for keeping them alive. It's a great looking car. m

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!! HAPPY ba ba ba BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

    well done, mitch!

    ReplyDelete

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...