Wednesday, October 26, 2016

No-Brain Food

When you take food out of your life, and by food I mean exciting, delicious, complicated food, the kind that made Anthony Bourdain, who I happen to dislike a lot, a big celebrity, you find you have a lot more free time. One reason is that it puts a dent in your social life, if you had any to begin with. Everyone always wants to meet for lunch or brunch or dinner. How about we get together and just take a walk with no food involved? Why must eating be the center of everything? Enough already with the restaurants!

On the other hand, now that I am doing this Whole30 diet, there are no thoughts in my head other than what to eat and when to eat it. For breakfast today (and yesterday and the day before that) I had a banana and a few walnuts and a handful of blueberries. That was nice, but now I'm wondering what to have for lunch. Or I might even have a snack before lunch, that is totally allowed. Call me madcap but I just might do it. And then there's dinner, naturally, which I am supposed to be having with friends but I'd better check the menu at that place and see if it's Whole30 compliant.

Anyway, I've been really good with no cheating except I have weighed myself even though the rules strictly forbid it and I have lost a pound since I started and also feel better in general. That's good, but I might also be getting dumber. It will be interesting to see what I write about over the next few weeks as my brain cells get thinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz

It's hard to believe that what began in 2004 as an innocent tool intended for Harvard college boys to meet attractive coeds on campus ha...