Saturday, February 6, 2016

Reading Between the Lines


I'm glad you're reading my blog, although I'm not sure why. I get few comments and so never have the satisfaction of hearing that I informed anyone or made anyone laugh, except for one very special friend who always tells me she loves reading it and I love her and have since the 7th grade. But as for anyone else, no. On the other hand, if I were confident that my readers were total strangers I could pull out all the stops and discuss indelicate topics I avoid because friends, and this includes my son, might judge me poorly.

I don't make any money at this, unlike times gone by when I was paid to write about specific things that maybe I didn't care about much but did it for the money. Now I'm free to write about anything, except for my fear of being thought indelicate. So in the interest of growth, at the very least (and I do mean the very least) I present here a list of the Top 10 Topics I would tackle if nobody were reading:

After Doing It for Like Fifty Years, I Gotta Say Enough Sex Already
Suicide is Not Wholly Unreasonable in Certain Circumstances
It Must Be Nice to Have Parents Who Left You a Lot of Money
How Can Anyone Even Consider Voting for Hillary Clinton?
"The Onion" is Not Funny, It's Just Childish
If You Ever Stop and Think About It, Oral Sex is Pretty Gross
Sue Me, But Monogamy Is Boring
I Am So Excited to Have Obama Be Over
Some of My Friends Are Truly, Certifiably Crazy
Dumb People Should Not be Allowed to Vote, Let's Face It 
Rachel Maddow Is Sickening: Discuss



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mixed Reviews: Poor Things

Last week the televised Academy Awards came and went and I never noticed. But I did hear about the winners the next day, and once again I sh...