Monday, September 21, 2015

The Biggest Coward

"Anonymous" opines in secret, doubting his own intelligence.
Is there a greater coward in existence than the person who signs him or herself as "Anonymous" online? I doubt it. As the writer of a blog for the last eight years, I have run into this coward many times.

Surely there are a number of people who use this moniker, not just one, but they all share some traits. The number one characteristic of Anonymous is fear, followed closely by insecurity, stupidity and a lack of even the slightest belief in his or her own opinions. This explains why they refuse to come clean and claim them in public.

Say what you want about my beliefs and opinions, I don't give a hoot. Since I have reflected upon and chosen them carefully, I am not afraid for them to see the light of day. I welcome your scorn and a vibrant debate, as long as I know who I'm debating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Dark Day At the Symphony

Yesterday I saw first-hand the blind ignorance of Mainers. Sure, there are smart Mainers, notably my dermatologist, my hip surgeon, my denti...