Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Are You an Elephant or a Donkey?

I took an online news quiz and got most of the answers right but a couple wrong. One of the ones I got wrong was misidentifying the elephant as the symbol of whichever political party it is used to represent. I said it was Republican--or Democrat, I already forget-- and so got it wrong. I forget this bit of political detritus because--WTF? What do donkeys and elephants have to do with our system of electing leaders? Is it the braying and the trumpeting? The big ears? Just what, exactly?

 I never remember because it is so meaningless. Oh, maybe that's the connection.

3 comments:

  1. My husband just gave me an easy way to remember which is which: The Democrats are the asses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's a cartoon, but your image is one of the best examples of the old leathery, stubborn, heavy footed elephant republicans and the lanky, know it all pain in the ass democrats I've ever seen.

    to be realistic, both parties should be represented by vultures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tarheel: That is perfect! You should go into politics...your instincts are spot on.

      Delete

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...