Friday, June 10, 2011

Talk is Cheap

I am constantly criticized for speaking my mind. I ask the critics, if not my mind, then whose?

Chit-chat, chit-chat, talk talk talk. "Did you see that, I swear on my life, I could not believe it, what are you wearing, isn't he something, she's such a bitch, they're getting divorced, I hate when he does that, I think she's pregnant, does this make me look fat, you've got to be kidding, I don't remember, she needs a face lift, he's such an asshole, I need a new one, call me tomorrow."

The first car phone I ever saw belonged to a real estate agent who was showing me homes. I was so impressed, I thought she must be very important if people needed to be in touch with her all the time! Gradually, more and more people who seemed less and less important got car phones too. Then, just like plastic water bottles, cell phones started showing up everywhere, including on elementary school playgrounds. Now they've morphed into adult toys, with catchy names like the iPhone, the Droid, the G'zOne, the Echo, the BlackBerry! Mine can take pictures, what can yours do? Mine can play music and make movies! Mine can paint pictures and play games! Mine can do somersaults and cook you an omelet! Mine gives you brain cancer, how about yours? Might as well say something worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz

It's hard to believe that what began in 2004 as an innocent tool intended for Harvard college boys to meet attractive coeds on campus ha...