Saturday, October 21, 2023

What, Me Jewish? Don't Be Ridiculous!


I was planning to write a movie review of GOLDA, the semi-documentary starring Helen Mirren about the 1973 Yom Kippur war between Israel and Egypt now streaming on AppleTV and which I watched last night, but have decided against it in light of certain recent events, most notably the stabbing death in Detroit of a 40-year-old synagogue president who was found in her own driveway at the end of a trail of blood coming from inside her home.

No more Jewish stuff, no more about Hamas, no more about Israel and Palestine. Apparently anti-semitism is as rampant in the US as it is in the rest of the world, and I'd rather remain alive with my head attached to my body than be a martyr for the cause. 

I wish them all well, really. Hey, Hamas, in case you're reading this, I love your outfits! Those eye bands with the slits are very cool! You guys just go ahead and do what you have to do to get into Heaven, don't expect me to stop you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fat Is Never Good

                        For reasons that remain unclear, a growing acceptance of fat people has taken root in our society. Online, more and...