Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Through the Looking Glass

In recent weeks, more than a few of my Christian neighbors I've run into on the street -- God forbid they should ever invite me into their homes -- have stopped to ask, in hushed tones and with a sympathetic look one might receive upon the death of a family member, how Mitch and I are "doing" since the Israel-Gaza war began. I always give the same reply: "As bad as anyone feels when war is ravaging anywhere on earth, why do you ask?"

I am a Jew, that's so. But my homeland is Brooklyn, New York, not Israel. If war were going on in Brooklyn, I'd probably feel worse. After all, it's a lot closer to Maine.

The rise in antisemitism is sickening, to be sure. But no worse than the already rampant hatred for all white people, who are considered to be colonizers, white supremacists, slave owners, Klan members and whatever other nonsense and garbage the "people of color" and their misguided, severely woke defenders conjure up.  

Hate me for being white, hate me for being Jewish, I don't care. There's nothing I can do to change either of those things, and personally I wouldn't if there were. As Louis C.K. said in one of his stand-up routines, "Given the choice, I'd be white." I would add that I'd also be Jewish.

Those who defend Hamas are morons. I heard one pro-Palestinian leader on the radio trying to explain that headless babies found in the rubble of bombed Israeli villages "might not have been beheaded by Hamas terrorists, but rather their heads most likely came off some other way." And these are the people our spoiled rotten college students are supporting by the thousands in protests at Cornell, NYU, Harvard, Boston University, MIT and other allegedly fine schools.

Down is up, up is down, through the looking glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fat Is Never Good

                        For reasons that remain unclear, a growing acceptance of fat people has taken root in our society. Online, more and...