Friday, May 2, 2014

Wait, Wait -- Don't Tell Me

Lurid crimes have always been popular in books, movies and the news, and the more lurid the better. Since I shy away from that kind of thing, it was only this morning that I read a detailed account of the murder of a young woman in Los Angeles nicknamed "The Black Dahlia," back in 1947. There was a movie with that as its title by director Brian DePalma a few years back, which I avoided.

Now the sordid affair has been dredged up by the Huffington Post, that cesspool-scouring website comprised of wannabe journalists, and plopped onto my AOL home page under the headline, "The 10 Most Gruesome Crimes Ever," or some such nonsense. The worst part is that I bit, owing to the accompanying photo of a lovely young woman that I found haunting. Sadly, she turned out to be most horribly dead and I ended up in a bad mood.

To compensate, I'll go take some pictures of this stunningly beautiful May day and hope I don't cross paths with a maniac who manages to sever my body in half at the waist, cut a smile on my face from ear to ear, chop off my hands and feet and remove flesh from my breasts and internal organs, then rearrange everything artfully in a lovely park somewhere. Too bad I now have all that inside my head just because I have an AOL email account--and now so do you. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...