Saturday, March 3, 2012

Towards a Better Blog

I read a few articles this morning about blogging, and apparently I have been doing it all wrong, which would explain why my name is not yet a household word. For starters, I don't use links. Links are apparently the key. And not just any links, but links to good things that people are interested in seeing. I am posting this for all those folks who aren't very funny. I hope it works and that you are able to be funnier very soon. There will be more links in the next paragraph. (They are showing up as grey although they should be a brighter color, but I guess I will get to that later.) I am also supposed to know who my audience is and write for them. I guess my audience is my friends on Facebook, and I do write for them, but if I want to expand, I guess I need to find a niche. So I am going to start blogging specifically for owners of hardware stores, a fun group of crazy cats.

Have you ever needed a Phillips head screwdriver but all you can find is a regular one? That can be quite frustrating. But more to the point, what is that one called? Surely there is another name for it besides "regular one." I am hoping to get some answers from my new readers, all you owners of hardware stores.

I also read that it's important to use  lots of pictures, not just one which is my style. So shown above is a photo of a screwdriver, and at left is one of a hardware store in Massachusetts. I love that awning.



4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, so THAT'S what I've been doing wrong! Sadly, I am not yet a household name, either...

    As to screwdrivers and hardware stores, we are big fans around the Politico household. And while the big chains are great, there's nothing like walking into the local mom and pop store and walking up to the counter, saying, "Y'know the little rubber thingie that looks like a thimble, but upside down, that fits on the end of this? (holding up part)I need one of those." And the guy invariably knows exactly what I'm talking about. 43 cents and five minutes later, I'm on my way, happy as a clam. Wish our guy had a cool awning, though.

    BTW, we call it a flat head screwdriver. But I have no idea if that's what it's really called.

    Loved the post - subscribing in my reader. Hope you have millions of fans soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Momma: Your comment was a definite mood-lifter! Thanks, and hopefully we will both be famous soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well your links aren't working honey.....but good idea, a joke site? and why not a bunch of crazy cats....what was that one?

    You want to appeal to the masses, why? To get ads on your site? to get money doing what you love to do? right. good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. getting ads on your site is a choice.
    this post is a "joke site" which is why the links don't work!

    ReplyDelete

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...