Wednesday, January 26, 2011

In Over My Head

I am not political, mostly because I never paid attention in high school and missed a lot of the groundwork necessary to understand today's complicated international relationships. For example, Iraq and Iran and Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan and even Egypt and Jordan: friend or foe, to us and one another? You got me. I mean, everyone tells me Saudi Arabia is our friend, except those 19 bombers on 9/11 who were from there obviously did not like us one bit.

This is why much of the political rhetoric swirling around is way over my head, like recently when Obama said, "We're going to need to go all in. We're going to need to get serious about winning the future." Whoa! Who knew he had such fire in his belly? Think of it: We, Americans, are going to win the future! That is huge. Can one country even do that?

Meanwhile, here in Maine, which has just been named the "dumbest state" because of having the lowest SAT scores in the nation, Obama bumper stickers adorn almost every vehicle. Add up those facts however you like.

1 comment:

  1. I think Utah is in contention for being the dumbest state! We're gonna have our own state firearm! Add to the state cooking pot, state bird, etc etc. And that's not to mention the education system. :(

    ReplyDelete

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...