Friday, June 5, 2015

What's for Dinner?

Yeah, yeah, I know -- I said yesterday that I wasn't going to write this blog anymore. So I changed my mind, what else is new? Anyway, today is my birthday and tonight my darling hubby is taking me out to dinner at what is surely the most hip, up-to-the-minute, see-and-be-seen restaurant in Portland, if not the world. I checked out the menu in advance to see if there would be anything I could eat that would not send me to the emergency room, salt-wise. However after reading it I still don't know since it is written in another language, part Cantonese, part pretentiousness, called pretensionese.

Following are just a few of the offerings off their menu that we can look forward to sampling tonight, and all for just the cost of an arm and a leg:
pork katsu
yuzu kosho emulsion
guanciale
beet agrodolce
scallop crudo
ramp puree
trout lily
octopus escabeche
shimeji
stewed chicharrĂ³n
smoked carrot
tamago
braised dakon
spring dug parsnip agnolotti
caramelized whey
hakurei turnip

Yum!

Fortunately today happens to also be "National Donut Day," which falls on the first Friday in June every year, so we can stop off for a free donut on the way to Hugo's and not be too hungry when dinner, whatever it is, is served.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz

It's hard to believe that what began in 2004 as an innocent tool intended for Harvard college boys to meet attractive coeds on campus ha...