Thursday, May 8, 2014

Trashing Mother's Day

Relax--I don't hate mothers. I loved my own mother, and I am a mother myself. In fact, all of my best friends are mothers. I think mothers rock, rule, and all that other good stuff. But Mother's Day sucks.

What, we get one day? Flowers, candy, edible arrangements, those stupid, shlocky cards. (Okay, so my friend Bill is plotzing now because he just told me how much he hates it when I write about expected, trivial subjects, but honestly sometimes I can't help myself.)

I only hope my own son who rarely reads this blog reads this post and thus does nothing at all out of the ordinary for Mother's Day, except maybe to be nice to me on that day if he sees me or speaks to me. But then, I'd like that to be the case on any old day.

The oddest thing about the "holiday" is that my husband always feels as if he should do something for me, and I am not his mother. Anyway, be nice to your mother every day, unless she is abusive, and then don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...