Friday, July 1, 2011

The Emperor's New Debt Ceiling

I have to admit that when it comes to government and politics, I am extremely confused. I try to keep up by reading the news and yet the deeper I dig, the more confused I get. For instance, today's Wall Street Journal says "the government needs a week or two to write and pass legislation and take steps necessary to raise the debt ceiling and avoid an Aug. 2 default."

Is that really how problems are solved these days? If so, I've come up with the perfect solution to America's obesity epidemic: The government should declare new ideal weights, like 190 pounds for an average 5'5" woman and 230 for an average 5'10" man, and damn, we are all suddenly quite fit!

I hope they do it soon so I can think I look better in a bathing suit this summer.

2 comments:

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...