Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cheeseburger, French Fries, McDonald's

I am feeling somewhat nauseous, as if I'd just eaten a double cheeseburger and a large order of french fries at McDonald's. I did not. Instead, I spent too long reading some of the Bloggers of Note, designated as such by the powers that be at Blogger, which is the name of the "whatever it is" that allows me to have this blog. See, I don't even know the right lingo, and therein lies the problem. From what I can tell, my word choices are poor and my topics are too esoteric. I lack universality. I am, in fact, no McDonald's double cheeseburger, and certainly not their french fries. I have to face this ugly truth once again: Just like in high school, I'm not part of the "in crowd."

Back then I was less interested in being popular and more interested in doing what I wanted, when I wanted, either by myself or with one of my two offbeat best friends who also marched to a different drummer. Sometimes the three of us might go to McDonald's for a cheeseburger and french fries, although you'd be more likely to find us at the Oasis Diner eating lox and bagels.  But now I'm 65 and being popular seems more important, especially when it translates into people reading my blog and my making money per click and maybe even not having to accept menial writing jobs like creating fake questions from imaginary patients for plastic surgery websites. I mean really, how low can you go?

So perhaps when I find time between eating cheeseburgers at McDonald's and eating french fries at McDonald's, I will try to write a post that appeals to the masses instead of just to my sophisticated coterie of fans who are similarly independent-minded. I will choose a topic with wide appeal and load it up with key words and SEO labels.

Let me know if you spot it.

4 comments:

  1. Andi, if you only went to the Pantry Diner, things might have been different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fame is not a measure of success

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it means "Search Engine Optimization," which means that when you use a lot of one or two key words, it helps you get more readers. (Someone is searching for say, "toilet paper" and you say toilet paper a lot in your article, then your article will be among the front of the pack on Google or whatever search engine you use.)

    ReplyDelete

Hell In New York City

Jew-hater. The fat, ugly woman pictured above -- and yes she is fat and yes she is ugly -- is also an ignorant, Jew-hating racist. She was s...