Thursday, July 23, 2026

Mountains Out of Mole Hills

Recently a young married couple, the wife three months pregnant, were found hanging from a tree in a forest in northern India. A 73-year-old white woman was stabbed to death in broad daylight outside an upscale shopping mall in California by a young black registered felon who had been released. A 24-year-old Arkansas police officer, out kayaking with his fiancee, drowned while saving her from drowning. In an unrelated and mysterious boating incident, five friends drowned in an Ohio river. 

These are but a tiny fraction of the horrendous things that have happened to other people in the past few days. Meanwhile I have fretted over a sore hangnail, a poor night's sleep, my husband's impending birthday and too much laundry. 

Try as I might, I am unable to put my life in perspective and see how fabulous it truly is. To me, everything bad that comes along is a disaster. I wish I could but have not succeeded thus far. Sadly, the tendency to blow problems way out of proportion is all too common. Everyone should just stop doing it and see their lives instantly improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mountains Out of Mole Hills

Recently a young married couple, the wife three months pregnant, were found hanging from a tree in a forest in northern India. A 73-year-old...