Tuesday, July 14, 2026

A Second Chance

Hardly anyone reads anymore. Certainly not an obscure blog written by an 80-year-old that doesn't tell you how to get rich, lose weight or find true love. So why do I write it? It's fun for me. Few things are anymore, at least after you've done whatever it is about a couple dozen trillion times. But as a former professional feature writer, writing still gives me a kick. And afterwards I get to edit it, and freely make changes wherever I choose. 

That's something that's possible almost nowhere else: The Do-Over. If it were, life could be perfect. Everything that haunts me would be erased and I could finally get a good night's sleep. One thing I would definitely change is I would watch Star Trek in my youth, or maybe the later remake with those Klingons with the weird foreheads, and understand so much more about modern life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fat and Skinny Had A Race

Modern life is so confusing. Electronic devices speak to us in many different languages and accents, men wear dresses and call themselves wo...