Wednesday, February 14, 2024

St. Valentine's Day Ripoff


I went shopping for a Valentine's Day card for my husband, even though we both agreed beforehand no cards. Or gifts. Since it's a dumb holiday and brings to mind a mob shooting in Chicago in 1929 known as the Saint Valentine's Day Massacre. Very unromantic.

Anyway, I was in the CVS and there were aisles of cards, candies, stuffed animals, wrapping paper, ribbons, balloons, and lots of trinkets in pink and red that basically took over half the store, so I decided to check out the cards. I found one that I liked well enough but it was priced at $8.99! 

Are they kidding or what? A card is read, looked at once more, set aside and then tossed in the trash a day or two later. I decided my husband would rather have the nine bucks. (Maybe I'll put it in a pink envelope.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fat Is Never Good

                        For reasons that remain unclear, a growing acceptance of fat people has taken root in our society. Online, more and...