Sunday, September 26, 2021

Another Cuomo In Trouble

I like this one.

Today's New York Times, once a proud paper respected the world over as the source of important news, devotes a full broadsheet page in their Review section to the childish whining of a woman who wants us all to feel sorry for her because in 2005, which is ALMOST 22 YEARS AGO, Chris Cuomo of CNN fame and the brother of former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, "sexually harassed" her. And despite the fact that one hour later he emailed her a sincere apology for his behavior, still she insists he must "journalistically repent.... We must continue to hold the enablers accountable, both men and women..... It's all got to stop." 

And what was that heinous behavior hinted at in the story's headline, "Chris Cuomo Sexually Harassed Me"? Was it rape? Did he fondle her breasts? De he force his tongue down her throat, or expose his private parts? No, in her own words Cuomo,"walked toward me and greeted me with a strong bear hug while lowering one hand to firmly grab and squeeze the cheek of my buttock." This shocking event took place in public, at an Upper West Side bar at a going-away party for an ABC colleague, where they all worked.

If I had a dime for every time a similar thing happened to me while I was a working woman in the newspaper field, I would buy a Porsche. (See photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Are What You Eat

Here in Maine, it's fiddlehead season. Fiddleheads are baby ferns. If left undisturbed they would become adult ferns, like the ones you ...