Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Stranger Things

Ain't social media grand? It allows people you would otherwise never know to invade your life and ruin your day. Where would we be without it, I wonder? Happier, less anxious, more open to joy perhaps? Case in point: This morning, while checking overnight developments on my Facebook page, I spotted a new message from a stranger named named Jamie Cervantes, who wrote: "I hope you burn in Hell forever."

How nice. Naturally I blocked Jamie, an obvious idiot. I mean if you are in Hell, clearly you are there for eternity, so the addition of the word "forever" was just plain dumb. (Have you ever heard of anyone getting out of Hell early for good behavior?)

Wondering at the source of this hatred I assumed that Jamie is an obese transgender with anger issues who has read my blog often enough to know I have disdain for such people. Still, I never said any of them should go to Hell, even for ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fat Is Never Fun

                        For reasons that remain unclear, a growing acceptance of fat people has taken root in our society. Online, more and...