Friday, July 28, 2017

Hope for the Future

"Bouquet of Flowers Showing Just the Tops"
If you are a regular reader of this blog, pat yourself on the back. (I know I do.) For you are a rare bird, a pioneer of sorts, willing to forge ahead into unknown territory, day after day.

My blog got zero new "likes" this week. Ditto last week, and the week before that, and the week before that, and the week before that.... you get the picture. I also sold no paintings, although I started a new one that I am quite excited about. But nobody else seems to be, and even the people who like them don't like them enough to actually pay for them, happily accepting them as gifts. (My brother-in-law, a millionaire, has at least seven of my paintings hanging in his home, but never paid me a dime.)

I'm not complaining, just sharing. Anyway, I will continue writing and painting and taking pictures and maybe someday, long after I'm dead and gone, somebody somewhere will stumble upon one of my unpublished novels or unsung short stories or a painted table or photograph or painting of mine and find it thrilling. That is my sincere hope.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog every day and I love it.
    You are a very gifted writer.

    Hil Knott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hil, that makes it all worthwhile! And I mean that sincerely. I had no idea you were a reader. Please share some of your thoughts every once in awhile.

      Delete
  2. I may not agree with you all the time or "like" a blog, but I do read yours, and actually bought one of your novels ... which I told you I did enjoy!!!!

    Okay, LIKE (X).

    ReplyDelete

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...