Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Choose Happiness

“You cannot control the behavior of others, but you can always choose how you respond to it.” -Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

The preceding quote was posted on Facebook by Diane M., one of my most enlightened friends. It makes sense that I first encountered Diane in a Tai Chi class as opposed to, say, stoned at a Dead concert or drunk at an Irish bar in the Old Port. Thankfully I have found people who actively and actually improve the quality of my life rather than diminish it, and for that I am deeply grateful.

Despite all my bellyaching about the rapidly declining quality of most Homo sapiens, still I do count my blessings for those few who have crossed my path without depressing the hell out of me. As for all the others, I try to steer clear as much as possible, usually as soon as I realize they negatively impact my mental health and undermine my fragile happiness. Like the quote above says, you can choose how to respond to bad behavior! Finally, at the ripe old age of you-know-what, I understand that the best response to the bad behavior of others is to run like the wind in the other direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaginas Have Tongues Wagging

This summary is not available. Please click here to view the post.