Friday, April 18, 2014

Fat Jokes

                       Gordon Studer
Having readers is a blessing and a curse: A blessing because I might connect with someone out there who agrees with me, or is made to reconsider a previously held view, or just gets a good laugh, and a curse when mean-spirited people leave nasty comments.

But even more than the nasty comments, the curse of having readers involves not being able to write what I wish for fear of offending someone, most likely a family member. Or perhaps some misguided soul out there --probably a liberal--who actually believes that his or her personal political view means a damn thing to anyone, and so, if I were to go off on our big-eared doofus of a president, would get all hot and bothered.

So I carefully pick and choose subjects that won't offend but still let me vent. After all, blogging is easier than therapy, I can do it any time of day or night, and it's free. As for my penchant for insulting fat people, you simply cannot say enough bad stuff to them or about them, because any one of those teeny insults might just be what it takes to wake them up and save their one and only life from being a wasted joke.

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty sure you could/should write WHATEVER you want without offending me. I mean, if you did offend me, I would forgive and forget. I liked your old Roto-Rouda tagline better than madcap, and your old graffiti background better, and your laughing profile photo better too. Does that offend you? See? It doesn't matter.....

    ReplyDelete

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...