Monday, October 28, 2013

Talk About a Handicap

Obama working in the Oval Office.
Now I know for sure I could never be president. I've always suspected it since I don't play golf, hate dressing up for fancy dinners and would never tolerate having a bodyguard following me around. Also, all that hand-shaking and baby-kissing seems like a one-way ticket to Infectionville. Still, I could imagine that if nobody else wanted the job I could be pressed into service for the good of mankind. But--and it's a big but--I'm sort of a stickler for details, and thus would certainly want to know things, like what the heck is going on in my administration. (In the past, whenever I was "the boss" at various organizations, I always knew what was what.)

Apparently that is no longer part of the job description. Certainly our current president does not have his finger on the pulse, leading to the current situation summed up by the banner headline in today's Wall Street Journal: "Obama Out of Loop as U.S. Spied on World Leaders." I guess he was spending so much time perfecting Obamacare--and his golf swing--that this teeny, little spying thing slipped by him; his aides say he went nearly five years without knowing his own spies were bugging the phones of world leaders. This causes me to wonder two things:
     1. Does his left hand know what his right hand is doing?
     2. Is his wife still as proud of her country as she was when he was elected?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...