Monday, May 7, 2012

Stamp Out Frito Salad

The World Wide Web is sometimes awesome, often scary and always interesting. It's also a great place for cowards to feel better about themselves. They can hide behind false names and false photos and confront people they would otherwise never meet. This happens from time to time right here on my blog in the comments feature. Just today I received another anonymous comment that infers I suck. Meanie Anonymous doesn't sign his or her name and enter into a dialog; it's more of a hit and run situation. This is a shame, since the opportunity exists to really change people's minds, even mine. In order to take full advantage of that opportunity whenever I pick an Internet fight, I always sign my real name.

One thing I like to do is try to convince others to eat more healthily and not get too fat, which can lead to heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, diverticulitis and all sorts of other problems. Today I stumbled upon a recipe, written by the mother of a young child living in Utah, for something she calls Frito Salad. Right away you know there is a problem: Fritos and salad were never intended to marry. The combining of canned corn with lots of cheese and mayonnaise, then topping it all with Fritos and calling it a salad when it is actually the unappetizing mess you see pictured here is taking artistic license too far, in my humble opinion. I left a comment for the recipe's author saying that "this looks like something my dog threw up," which is mean I know but at least I did sign my real name. I think everyone who reads this blog today and agrees with my assessment of how it looks should go directly to 2crafty4myskirt.blogspot.com and suggest the woman stop feeding this junk to her husband and child. (They don't even like it; she says quite candidly that there are always leftovers, and that she makes them eat it again the next day!)

Adding your voice would be taking one small step for man and a giant leap for all mankind. There are only so many meals in a lifetime; make sure Frito Salad is not one of yours.

5 comments:

  1. It's amazing how overweight and unhealthy the 'average' American is. I think you found the root of the problem. When will people make the connection that what you eat will determine your health! This is EGREGIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe its the free healthcare....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard from the recipe's author and she swore that her family members are all thin, that she has been making this dish for years and that they all love it. She also suggested that obesity is caused by people sitting on their asses. She's right about that.

    ReplyDelete

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...