Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Matrix

Hey, here's an idea: If everyone stopped trying to be so damn happy, maybe we'd all feel better! Perhaps if we lowered our expectations and decided that life is to be lived whatever the heck it feels like, we would all instantly qualify as successful despite being miserable, suicidal, poor, diseased, lonely and depressed. Heck, I'll even throw in fat. Every one of us who is alive right now is fulfilling their function of breathing in and out, and thus is doing one heck of a great job at living. If I could just get this idea across to the millions of people who are currently miserable, suicidal, poor, diseased, lonely, depressed and fat, I could hit the big time. I could be the white Oprah! But wait-- that's wrong thinking. Happiness is not a goal. Living is breathing. I am breathing, I am living, I am life, this is what it is.

See, now I feel better about feeling bad because that's normal. I'm perfect. Try it.

2 comments:

  1. WOW, Andrea, this sounds like a different you, a little bit.....have you been hanging around some buddhists? I like it!

    ReplyDelete

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...