Monday, November 27, 2017

What's Your Problem?

It's always something.
It's a fact of life that whatever petty thing is your worst problem at the moment seems like your worst problem, even though it might not be. For example, exactly two months ago today I suffered a heart attack. There's no way to know how long it took from start to finish, but I remember feeling horrible for about eight or nine hours. Then as soon as I got to the hospital and things were repaired, I felt fine. In fact, during my four days of hospitalization, my biggest complaint was the food.

I have been pain-free ever since, until two days ago when I stepped on a bee hidden in my bedroom slipper and got stung in the heel of my foot. (It was worse for the bee. He died.) At first it hurt a little, but nothing to write home about, or should I say write a blog about. But then the next day it hurt more, and today it hurts a whole lot more and I can barely walk, at least not using that foot.

So, since pain is defined as a part of the body's defense mechanism that warns us to take action to prevent further tissue damage, I must conclude that my foot suffered more tissue damage than my heart. That makes me feel better. Still, all I can think about is my foot, my foot, my foot, ow, it hurts, my foot hurts, ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...