Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Here Comes Winter


This year I'm just not in the mood for winter.

I had not realized this until yesterday when our first snow fell and I was pissed about it. Not being into skiing I saw little cause for celebration. Instead I flashed on Vinnie, our snow plow guy who is a major bummer even on a sunny day --  dour and sour and unhappy over God knows what. (I never ask.) I rarely see him except during blizzards, but one time I ran into him at Ace Hardware in the middle of July and he was just as gloomy. Gloomier, even.

Anyway, Vinnie shows up around now and goes from being a bit player to having a starring role in my life, which is annoying since I don't even like him. (I would much rather have Jackson Browne in a starring role.) Nevertheless there I am, staring out the front window at what was once my driveway and praying for his arrival, beginning sometime in November until you never know when in April.

Maybe this year I'm just not in the mood for Vinnie.




1 comment:

  1. funny, this morning there is a sign up by the Big Indian that says "plowing" and has a phone number. And I thought to myself: "I hate that Vinnie guy" . . . You should go out that way and write it down! Also: great cartoon!

    ReplyDelete

Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz

It's hard to believe that what began in 2004 as an innocent tool intended for Harvard college boys to meet attractive coeds on campus ha...