Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The Oscars. Yawn.

Ta-da! Waking up an hour shy of crack-of-dawn today, I clicked on the TV to see how Trump had been politically incorrect overnight and was greeted with a flurry of excitement on all TV channels: The nominations for the 2017 Oscars were being announced today! (No wonder I couldn't sleep.) Later, after a bowl of oatmeal to brace myself, I sought the details.

No surprise at all, Casey Affleck was nominated for Best Actor in Manchester by the Sea, which was also nominated as Best Picture. If you haven't seen that film, don't bother -- you can achieve the exact same results for free by staying home and holding your hand over an open flame. Better yet, just stick your head in the oven and turn it on, the movie is that much fun. As for Casey's performance, he pretty much mopes around, head hanging down, eyes on the floor and whimpering like a sad puppy the whole time. It's easy to be a great actor when you're playing someone who is seriously, and I mean seriously, depressed. I could go on, but who cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mixed Reviews: Poor Things

Last week the televised Academy Awards came and went and I never noticed. But I did hear about the winners the next day, and once again I sh...