Saturday, December 10, 2016

Smile On Your Brother, Even If He's a Democrat (or a Republican)


I promised myself no more political stuff in these posts, but this one begs to be written. Yesterday I got a note online from a woman I have known for more than thirty years, who I once shared a house with, whose hand I held when her longtime boyfriend dumped her, blah, blah, blah, that I was "no longer anyone she wants to know" because I have defended Trump and his daughter and his wife. And Trump is "indefensible" as far as this person who holds no political office and employs no people and never has is concerned, and thus I am surely scum. So she was forced to "unfollow" me on Facebook. Oh boo-hoo, she unfollowed me. Well guess what: I saw her unfollow and raised her an unfriending. Done.

Now on to the subject at hand: How does all this Trump-bashing help the country? How does that supercilious, self-aggrandizing piggish, priggish filmmaker Michael Moore, who made one good movie in Roger and Me and has been skating on that ever since, think his plan to "disrupt the Inauguration" will benefit anyone? Hasn't he ever listened to the words of Get Together, the 1967 song by The Youngbloods? Following is the refrain:

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now


Now everybody just do it, dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...