Friday, June 6, 2014

The Value of a College Education


This version uses the broad noodle.
A few nights ago I had dinner with my niece who is home for the summer after her freshman year at college. She is very smart and attends a small, elite school full of other very smart young people. Interested in her take--and thus the pulse of our youth--on the current state of affairs in our nation, and especially the recent flap regarding Obama's handing over five really bad Taliban terrorists in exchange for one loser American deserter, she said she did not want to talk about it, explaining, "I don't think politics is appropriate dinner conversation."

My pulse-taking hopes dashed, instead we discussed the merits of the "drunken noodles" at the Thai restaurant where we were dining. Who knew that some places use the wide noodles while others use the thinner ones? I didn't, so I guess I am smarter now. And now you know.

This version uses thinner noodles, like spaghetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...