Thursday, September 5, 2013

Drop That Donut!

Not more than anything, but almost more than anything, I love donuts. If I could, I would have a doughnut for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. Well, to be honest I would have two or three for breakfast, and maybe two more for lunch and who knows, three for dinner if that's all I were having. Here in Freeport there is a place that is supposedly god's gift to doughnuts called Frosty's. It's not a new place, in fact it's an old, established leader in the doughnut world, but it's new here in Freeport. Anyway, I am always tempted to try one, since I pass by it almost daily, but I never have gone in. And here's why: because donuts make you fat, and being fat is gross. Besides ugly, fat is unhealthy. When you're fat, you can't breathe, surgeons won't operate on you even if you need the surgery, and nothing fits.

Yes, I know it is politically incorrect to say this. I know all about those fat-acceptance groups who claim that fat is beautiful and that fat people are targets of discrimination, and I want to say right here and now that it's a crime to take the only body God gave you and wreck it by stuffing candy and cookies and ice cream and doughnuts and all the rest of that sugary, salty, crunchy, oh-so-tasty junk food down your gullet like a Christmas goose, and that's the truth.

I am simply stunned when I see photos of formerly handsome and beautiful people who have gone this route. Sue me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...