A woman named Janet Yellen is being talked about as the next Federal Reserve Chairman, although in her case it would be Chairwoman. I have noticed her in news reports because you rarely ever see old ladies written about unless they were murdered in a senseless rampage, or are being held hostage by a terrorist, or are missing with Alzheimer's, yet here is this lady and she's none of those things but is still big news. I checked her out and learned that we have a lot in common:
1. We are both 67 years old.
2. We were both born in Brooklyn.
3. We both have one son.
4. We are both Jewish.
5. We are both "effective leaders" with a "sharp mind" who "clash with others" and "leave hard feelings" in the wake of "confrontations."
Yet we are also very different:
1. In 2012 she was named one of the "50 Most Influential People" by Bloomberg News; I can't get the neighbor's dogs to stop pooping on my lawn.
2. She respects the current administration and therefore President Obama, whereas I would cross the street to avoid bumping into him.
3. She has gone gray, while I color my hair.
4. She is being considered as the next leader of the Federal Reserve; I was passed over by L.L. Bean to sell duck boots to tourists.
5. I think marijuana should be legalized, but I bet she does not. (Just guessing.)