Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Getting With the Program

Okay, that's it! I've had it with swallowing all those pills for my high blood pressure and soaking in a hot tub to combat the constant aches and pains of arthritis and chasing those extra ten pounds that keep me away from that little black dress in the back of my closet that I bought on a particularly thin day. There's nothing stopping me, so I am going to go for it: I'm going Paleo!

My husband has been a caveman for some time. I often call him "Kong," usually right after he breaks something fragile--or not even at all fragile. Mitch has tried to get me to follow his path and I have resisted, but what else am I doing besides aging badly? So last night I studied the lists of the foods I can eat and the foods I can't eat, and I realized that I will have so much more time to do other things since there's so little I can eat. Anyway, I'm ready to go back in time and eat the way our ancestors did. I will continue to use my washer and dryer, however--after all, I'm not turning Amish. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go kill breakfast.

6 comments:

  1. You need to eat a balanced diet. None of that crazy shit. You require less as you get older, but we love to eat the same and do less. Men also lose differently than women, so don't pay attention to "how they do it". Then unfortunately, you need to exercise (which sucks). I have lost 10 pound in 7 weeks already on WW. I don't feel deprived.

    GL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear GL: I agree, and I think WW is the greatest! It always works. But the Paleo diet also targets other health issues besides weight, and that's what I'm looking for. And FYI, I plan to make exceptions from time to time, like chocolate-covered pretzels.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, but that diet doesn't sound any different than someone eating a well balanced diet. So you eat less grain and less dairy. Not any different than a truly well-balanced diet. So therefore, you shouldn't have to take supplements and vitamins. If you do, then the diet lacks something your body needs.

      Delete
    2. Actually, to be strict about Paleo, you eat NO grain and NO dairy. And NO legumes, or butter--use only olive oil. I don't know how long I will be able to stand it, but I'm willing to try.

      Delete
  3. How do I get a copy of the Paleo diet? NO grains and NO dairy and NO beans????? I would be sure to lose weight but I would lose all those I love around me. Let me rethink. I could lose some of those around me. Is there a criminal lawyer clause? I mean without grains and dairy I may need to be locked up til I get used to it because I would want to kill somebody. not my food, just anybody I could to take out my frustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know just the person! He's living in your house....

    Anyway, just go online and search "Paleo Diet" and you will find out all you need to know, or else get the book The Paleo Diet, or else let me email you some stuff I got from Mitch.....

    ReplyDelete

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...