Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Do, or Do I?

Marriage has its good points and its bad. The good:
1. Always having a ride to and from the airport.
2. That second income, or in my case, the first.
3. Comfort in a storm.

Oops, scratch number three. My husband has gone out into a raging blizzard--dubbed "the storm of the century" by some overzealous TV weathermen-- for no good reason. The news reports advise the citizenry to "stay in your home," advice I am happily following. It's beautiful to look at--the snow coming down hard and the wind whipping it into a frothy frenzy--but certainly not great driving weather, I would bet.

Alas, the poor man is addicted to exercise and he has gone to the gym. I suppose it could be worse, and in fact it has been: my first husband was a druggie. Nevertheless, albeit because of a healthier choice, I am still waiting by the window, well past the hour of his expected return, hoping his car appears in the whiteout but imagining it in a ditch on the side of the road, flashing hazard lights unseen by all the smart people who did stay home.

So here's my point: Be careful who you marry. The annoying relatives are just the tip of the iceberg.

2 comments:

  1. Details: Although people in DC have no idea about this, if you just drive SLOWLY, as everyone in Maine knows, driving is FINE. Followed a steady line of cars on the freeway to Brunswick going 40. No problem.

    Gym workout was tough. She shoulda been more worried about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I don't mind driving in the snow. I take it slow, just like Mitch says. Unfortunately, many of my fellow "roadies", do not follow that practice. Hence, working from home today.

    GL

    ReplyDelete

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...