Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Give Death a Hug

Everyone dies. Face it. In fact, if and when you finally do face it, embrace it, own it, things get so much easier. Or so I hear. Not from anyone dead, but from living sages, mostly of the Buddhist variety, who swear that accepting death is one of the surest ways to get the most out of life. I would try harder but the subject is widely considered to be such a bummer, it's hard to get a decent conversation going.

If you do try, like at a dinner party for example, most people will shun you. In fact, the last time I got into the subject with gusto was with my shrink, the last time I saw him, and I mean literally the last time. This was someone I paid to listen to my deepest, darkest thoughts. He said I was depressed and probably needed medication. (So much for plumbing the depths.)

I'll leave it at that. Since we are currently alive, I suggest going out and enjoying the day. Perhaps a bike ride. Or maybe make yourself a nice sandwich and a milkshake and watch a movie. You know, whatever seems like fun. Because it will not always be an option, if you get my drift. Still, you might want to do a little reading on the subject, just so you're ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mixed Reviews: Poor Things

Last week the televised Academy Awards came and went and I never noticed. But I did hear about the winners the next day, and once again I sh...