Sunday, May 15, 2016

Fatty McFat Fat

"Fat Ladies" by Annemarie Venter
Nothing gets a fat woman crazier than calling her "fat." Earlier today I learned this truth anew when I commented on a Facebook video posted by a popular overweight comedian, in which she herself admitted she is overweight. Her rabid fans drifted into fantasyland saying she was not at all overweight, and besides, so what if she is? I put in my two cents, and in so doing made the mistake of calling her a "fatty." Jeeee-sus! You'd think I had advocated the drowning of puppies in acid or something equally heinous. The nasty comments are still pouring in. Some of them have gone so far as to Google me and are talking about my having a child as being a shame, considering I engage in "hate speech."

Ladies, ladies, calm down. If you are fat, and obviously you are since the only people who defend the obese are the obese, gluttony being one of the Seven Deadly Sins, calling yourselves "big" or "plump" or "curvy" or "voluptuous" will not make you any less fat. Only diet and exercise can do that.

1 comment:

Mixed Reviews: Poor Things

Last week the televised Academy Awards came and went and I never noticed. But I did hear about the winners the next day, and once again I sh...