Thursday, September 4, 2014

The High Cost of Driving


Since when is it news that the lowliest actress who might have been in some grade-B movie once is pregnant? Why do I care that this one and that one are having a baby? Why do I need to see pictures of that baby, and know the baby's name, and marvel at the baby's parents for actually having pulled off the easiest thing in the world to do if you have a penis and a vagina, and that is obvious when you look at the population of the all the Third World countries with low everything else and high birth rates? WHY?

Every day the poor public--in this particular case, me-- is subjected to this sort of nonsense. This one is pregnant and that one is pregnant and the other one is pregnant. SO WHO CARES????? This all started when I signed on to get my email and learned that someone named Alyssa Milano or something close to that is pregnant. I do not believe she invented the Milano cookie--now that would be something. But anyway, I snapped. 

What I really wanted to talk about today was the fact that I just went to register my new car in the town of Freeport, and to drive it on the roads here for the next seven months it cost me $904. It's not bad enough that it already cost a lot of money, and will keep costing a lot of money for insurance and gas, but just to actually use the damn thing I must pay handsomely. In fact, much more handsomely than some other people with cars that cost less.

So the next time all you left-wing cranks out there say the "rich" aren't paying enough taxes, let me remind you that my son's beater car, a 1997 Buick, cost $88 to travel those same roads for a full year. And no new baby born to no young starlet is gonna make me feel any better about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...