Monday, March 11, 2013

Goldstone National Park

I've tried to ignore politics ever since my guy lost, but despite my best efforts to remain ignorant, little snippets of news seep in. Today, for example, I tuned in to the Weather Channel for the "Local on the 8's" segment and learned that as part of the belt-tightening we'll all have to do in order to pay off our million-trillion-dollar debt to everyone else in the world, the president has opted to close the bathrooms in Yellowstone National Park. From now on we'll have to remember to "go" before we go, or eventually they'll have to change the name of the park.

The other thing I learned is that Senator Rand Paul's recent 13-hour filibuster got Obama to agree that killing Americans on American soil with remote control missiles, a.k.a. drones, something that actually happened in the not-too-distant past, is not nice and he won't do it anymore. That is a great relief, and makes me think perhaps I have judged the president too harshly; maybe he's not so bad after all. Still, it's a shame about the bathrooms. Having been to Yellowstone several times, I remember they came in quite handy on those long hikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mixed Reviews: Poor Things

Last week the televised Academy Awards came and went and I never noticed. But I did hear about the winners the next day, and once again I sh...