Monday, October 5, 2026

When A.I. Gets It Wrong

I was skeptical from birth, and it's only gotten worse since then. Of course the Internet exacerbated my condition exponentially, until today I believe nothing I hear or read, especially in a newspaper or online.

This morning this headline caught my eye on an online news site: "This New England beach town is an affordable alternative to the Hamptons." Since  I live in New England and have visited the Hamptons on vacation more than once, I clicked. Alas, the story was riddled with errors. The supposed "beach town" in New England is not only NOT a beach town but it isn't in New England, not even close. 

Turned out the story was about Shelter Island, out on the end of Long Island in New York. And to make matters worse, it is not affordable at all, unless you are extremely wealthy. It is beautiful, I've been there a few times but never thought of it as a "beach town."  It's not at all as descried in the article that is printed as factual on a news website.

The other day I saw a video of a dance number in which Judy Garland was identified as Ann Reinking. The only thing those two have in common is they are both dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When A.I. Gets It Wrong

I was skeptical from birth, and it's only gotten worse since then. Of course the Internet exacerbated my condition exponentially, until ...