Monday, May 1, 2017

Why Smoke Pot

Guess what: I don't need to know every last horrible thing that happens all over the world that has absolutely no impact on my life in any way. I bet this is true for you too. Somebody should tell all those money-grubbing, I mean well-meaning editors of all the news outlets to stop passing along every tidbit of detritus that comes their way just to get more clicks or viewers or advertisers. It's downright depressing and helps nobody.

For example, just now when I logged on to my computer, a story popped up about a missing 16-month-old toddler in Illinois who was finally found under a  couch in her home. Dead, of course. (Gee, and her parents had looked everywhere for her, imagine that.) There was a picture, suitable for framing, of the deceased, who was quite cute while alive. But now she's dead, smushed to death no doubt since "the couch was flush to the floor and had no legs." So I guess she had not crawled under it. Hmmm, curiouser and curiouser. Anyway, what are we supposed to do with that information? How can we use it? Obvious answer: We can't.

This annoys me especially today, since in just about five hours I will be at a Steve Winwood concert at the Warner Theater in Washington, DC, where I flew two days ago just to hear him play. Now I have these random dead-little-girl thoughts stuck in my head that must be cleared out in order to enjoy myself. Those tickets were not cheap, believe me.

I guess that's where the marijuana comes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...