Friday, May 6, 2016

The Cost of Laughing

Jerry Seinfeld is coming to Portland tonight. The show will be ninety minutes long with no intermission. There will be an opening act, so it's likely Jerry will talk for about fifty of them. So basically out of the whole day ahead, I am assured that for at least three-quarters of an hour I will not worry about my health, my family, the next president or acts of terrorism. For that, my husband and I have paid $159.00 apiece.

Okay, sure, it's a crime and we should be embarrassed and people are starving, but that's what a good laugh costs these days, including service fees and for decent seats. A good shrink charges that much for the same amount of time and usually offers much less relief.

(I sure hope he's funny.)



1 comment:

  1. my shrink never makes me laugh, even though that is the best medicine. Seems like a bargain at twice the price

    ReplyDelete

Mixed Reviews: Poor Things

Last week the televised Academy Awards came and went and I never noticed. But I did hear about the winners the next day, and once again I sh...