Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Stuff Your Face While Watching Game of Thrones

I think I'll try writing a popular blog for awhile, just to see what happens. Who knows, it might make me happier. And as the Buddha said, the purpose of life is to be happy, so it would be a very enlightened thing for me to do. I'll have to start binge-watching Game of Thrones to catch up, which seems like a real drag, but if you wanna throw a party you gotta pay the band as my husband likes to say. This is far better than his other favorite expression, "The only way out is through." I hate that one, especially when he said it during the whole nine months of my pregnancy and repeatedly while I was in labor. That was not what I wanted to hear for those twenty-three hours.

So, back to my plans for a happy, popular blog. It will discuss TV shows, of course, and say things like, "Can you believe she got kicked off DWTS when that other one was such a klutz?" (Note to self: Check whether DWTS is still being aired.)

I will also begin printing recipes for chocolate cupcakes, chocolate cookies, chocolate mousse, donuts, pancakes, waffles and whoopie pies. I may even change the name of the whole damn blog to Yummy or Yum Yum or Stuff Your Face. Maybe Stuff Your Face With Pizza, I'm still in the testing stages. (Hence the title of this blog post.)

I hope this doesn't sound like sour grapes to you because it's not. I do have plenty of dedicated readers, it's just that I am so out of the loop, and I want to know what it feels like to be in the loop at least one more time before I die. Years ago I was securely in the center of the loop, back in my twenties, but I didn't write a blog then. I was too busy getting high and going to rock concerts, and besides, there was no such thing as a blog. It would have been great. I could have written about that Janis Joplin concert in Madison Square Garden when she brought out a few of her surprise guests. She was really drunk but still so fabulous. I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mixed Reviews: Poor Things

Last week the televised Academy Awards came and went and I never noticed. But I did hear about the winners the next day, and once again I sh...