Thursday, July 10, 2014

My House is Bugged

                               Gordon Studer
Our house is covered with little white furry moths and I don't like it one bit. They just hang there, clinging. They do nothing all day. Naturally they freak me out, being a severe entomophobic, so today I decided to get to the bottom of it and checked online to see just what the heck they are. Googling "house covered in white moths," the very first thing that came up was all about the symbolism of moths and how the white ones might mean Death, and how some lady whose mother was dying of cancer finally did die of cancer and they had moths all over their house right before.

That's just great.

I would feel worse, but then I remembered that yesterday I Googled the word "news" because I wanted to see what was going on in the world, and the second thing that came up was my very own blog post from yesterday which I titled "War and Peace," and which was not news at all but just my silly ramblings. This stunned me, until my husband explained that Google is tailored to individuals and that based on your own online history, different things come up as responses for different people.

While that information does not make me any happier about the moth thing, I have indeed written about cancer and worried about cancer in the past, and in fact my own father died of cancer but there were no moths anywhere around when he did, so I will just go take a shower and forget the whole thing, and will never trust Google again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...