Wednesday, July 18, 2018

The Stupid N-Word

The founder of Papa John's Pizza was forced out of his very own company because during a training session on the phone with a marketing company said he believed the word "nigger" should never be used by anyone in his employ. And also that he had decided not to use rapper Kanye West in advertising because West says "nigger" in his songs. Of course, in stating that he would not say "nigger" he said "nigger," and so he had to go. If only he had said "The N-word," which we all know means the same thing but has somehow been deemed acceptable, things would have been fine.

This level of stupidity in our society makes my skin crawl. I keep waiting for my ship to come and take me back to my home planet where surely such rules do not exist and people can say how they really feel instead of hiding behind societal norms and pretending to be something they are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Challenge to Katie Couric

Perky though she may be, or may have been in her younger days when she was paid to be, Katie Couric is no brainiac. Calling half of America ...