Saturday, December 30, 2017

Spam For Breakfast

A FEW OF MY OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENTS THIS YEAR


THIS MORNING WHEN I checked my email, I was surprised to read the following message:
      "Congratulations! You have been nominated to represent your professional community in the Professional Who's Who 2017 Edition. We are very pleased to inform you that your candidacy has been approved. The Publishing Committee has selected you as a candidate based on your standing among your professional community as well as specific criteria from the executive and professional council. 
     "Given your reputation, the Publishing Director feels your profile would make a welcome addition to our publication. On behalf of our Committee I would like to salute your achievements and welcome you to our association."

Since I am unemployed and rarely even speak to another soul, let alone an entire professional community, on most days, I'm wondering who nominated me, what specific criteria I met and which of my achievements they are saluting. Was it that day I took in Polly's trash bins from the street when she was away for the weekend? The invitations I printed and hand-delivered (no small feat when the houses are so far apart) for the July 4th Pond Party? The time I dug a grave and buried the little bird Lurch killed instead of throwing it in the trash?

More likely it was the sugar cookies I brought to the local post office for Christmas. They were outstanding if I do say so myself. (It's those few drops of orange juice I add at the end.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...