Saturday, December 9, 2017

Helpless, Not Hopeless

Once again the manic members of the media have come forth with the pronouncement: "Donald Trump's approval ratings have hit a new low." This statement shows up somewhere at least once a week. I'm not quite sure what we are all supposed to do about it. Shriek in horror? Wring our hands? Call the police? What exactly should we do, and if nothing, than why do they keep telling us?

Things are bad enough all over. Is it too much to ask for a little respite from hearing how terrible our president is? After all, he was elected, and this only can mean that half the country, i.e. our fellow Americans, are also terrible. Not that I believe that, but it's implied.

Today in my little town we are witnessing our first true snowfall of the year, and it is lovely. California may be burning, but since I'm here and not there, and can do as little about that as I can about how Trump is hated more every day, I will simply go play in the snow, and maybe when I come home I'll have a cup of hot cocoa and hope that things will improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...