Thursday, November 9, 2017

The Little Speck

Suitable for framing, except for that annoying little speck.
This morning I am not happy because I have to fly. While this is not as bad as those mornings when I am scheduled for surgery since today I can have coffee, it's a close second, especially since for surgery they put you out. I would love it if you could get general anesthesia for flying. My husband tries to cheer me up by saying we have been upgraded to First Class. Big deal. All that means to me is we will have more leg room when the unspeakable happens.

Anyway, just in case, I leave you all with this great photo of three pears in a painted wooden bowl. If I make it home safely I intend to make this the subject of my next painting and title it "Three Pears in a Painted Wooden Bowl." Or maybe just "Three Pears." I will definitely paint it minus that annoying little speck on the bottom left side. Or maybe not -- maybe that makes the whole thing. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...