Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Shut Up, Facebook!

First thing this morning when I opened my laptop, before I had even logged on to anything, a message from Facebook showed up on my desktop, alerting me to the fact that "Jura Koncius's birthday is today!" Okay, duly noted, I thought. Then I signed on to Facebook and there it was again: "Today is Jura Koncius's birthday!" Okay, okay, I thought, but can I just make my damn coffee first before I add my congratulations to the like 162 others that were sure to be there already? (Jura is quite popular, and with good reason. Personally I love her to pieces, but still, whether I say happy birthday or not should be up to me.)

The fabulous birthday girl!
I went about my business and somehow managed to forget about Jura's birthday, what with bills to pay and severe thunderstorms wreaking havoc and guests from out-of-town arriving tomorrow, requiring that I actually clean my house and perk up the guestroom. Finally taking a break, I went online to check for email and there it was again: "Jura Koncius's birthday is today!" But now, obviously panicked since I had done nothing, it was more insistent, adding the command, "Wish her well!"

So here I go: For Christ's sake, Happy Birthday Jura! Hope it's a great one! Of course I have to say it on Facebook or it will keep chiding me. Worst of all, if I don't then tomorrow it will say, "Yesterday was Jura Koncius's birthday! Do you want to send her belated wishes?"

That Facebook is such a nag! I guess Mark Zuckerberg's mother was a real pain in the ass.

1 comment:

  1. this really cracked me up! Great blog. And . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY JURA!

    ReplyDelete

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...