Friday, March 3, 2017

Stop Russian Around

Brazen Kellyanne in the Oval Office
A dear friend of mine was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Making a bad situation worse, her husband has prostate cancer. Does this foretell His 'n' Hers chemo? I hope not. As for me, I often feel dizzy, ostensibly from my blood pressure medications. This is alternately annoying and frightening. Then there's my sister: She had a stroke late last year, and recently came down with some sort of infection. She was hospitalized for several weeks but now is back at the nursing home where she lives.

All of this causes me no end of grief, so excuse me if I don't have a cow over Kellyanne Conway putting her feet up on the couch in the Oval Office. Or pull my hair out because newly-appointed Attorney General Jeff Sessions talked to a Russian person sometime last year. Actually, I don't give a hoot. And you probably don't either since you've surely got your own cancer people and stroke victims and God knows what else to deal with. I wish the media would stop with all the nickel and dime stuff and let us know when something big is already happening, or is about to.

Instead we are bombarded with "news" like Donald Trump Jr. was likely paid for a speech he gave in Paris last October to a group that was headed by a Frenchman who, with his Syrian-born wife, once met with some Russians to discuss how to help end the Syrian civil war. This earth-shattering story appears on page A-4 of today's Wall Street Journal under an incendiary headline ("Russia Ally Paid Trump Son for Talk"), but rest assured you will likely be hearing about it everywhere there's a news hole needing to be filled, soon enough and constantly. Like it matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...